To transfer a phone number to your Fongo account, please log in to your FreePhoneLine account online, select "Online Store", and then choose "Transfer My Number" from the "Purchase Options". Our automated process enables you to check whether or not your number qualifies to be transferred, provides Fongo with the required authorization to transfer your phone number, and processes number transfer payment. Once you complete the purchase, your order will be sent to the Fongo Porting Department. Phone number transfers typically take 14-21 days to complete.
- There is a $25 (plus tax) fee to port your number. The number transfer fee is non-refundable if the transfer is completed or the port is rejected for reasons beyond Fongo's control i.e. incorrect information provided, outstanding balance with current provider, breaking a contract with current provider, etc.
- To see a current list of areas where numbers can be ported in from, click here.
If You Are Transferring A Mobile Number
This only applies if your current provider is providing you with wireless service (SIM card).
When submitting your port, you will also need to enter the following information:
- account number associated with your mobile number
- This is not the same as the mobile phone number
- your IMEI number (If it is a pay-as-you-go account)
- The IMEI number is required to confirm that you have ownership over the account. The IMEI is usually found printed inside the battery compartment of the phone, but can also be displayed on-screen on most phones by entering *#06# on the dial pad, or alongside other system information in the settings menu on smartphone operating systems
- If your pay-as-you-go carrier does not use an IMEI number but you have an account PIN code, the carrier can also confirm ownership over the account using the PIN code. Enter the PIN code in the IMEI field on the porting form instead
Your current wireless provider may call or text you to authorize the number transfer. Please respond within 30 minutes of receiving that text to authorize the number transfer. Failure to do so may result in a rejection of transfer.
The messages from your current wireless provider are typically sent immediately after they receive the number transfer request or between 10:00am and 12:00pm (Eastern Time) on the next business day. You may also call your current provider to authorize the number transfer using the numbers below. We recommend asking for a 24-hour authorization, as a minimum.
Wireless Port Out Confirmation Phone Numbers
|Authorization Phone Number
|Bell Aliant Mobility
Tips and tricks
· For a successful number transfer, ensure that information submitted for the number to be ported is correct (this includes service address and account information).
· Incorrect information will result in a rejected porting attempt.
· Please do not contact your current carrier to indicate you will be cancelling/porting your number as they may consider this contact your 30 days’ notice. A "disconnect order" on file with your current carrier may prevent us from porting your number.
· You will be able to use your prior phone number and your Freephoneline phone number until we email you to let you know your phone number transfer is complete. Once your phone number has been transferred, your prior phone number will be your new Fongo phone number and you will no longer have access to the temporary Fongo phone number.
· Phone number transfers typically up to 14 days to complete. Porting completion is dependent on valid information submitted.